Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 1 - Take Down "The Damned"

Welcome back to my blog, Three Months in Heaven and Hell.  Originally the commission was for me to finish two enormous paintings in three months by the end of December 2014.  After a few delays in the project I completed the first painting in 60 days by early 2015.  The second painting, The Final Judgement was on hold until August 2015 when I got the green light to start on it.  It's funny to note that even though both of these paintings were nearly a year apart, I am still working under the same deadline of "three months" so the title of this blog isn't really as off as I thought it was.  If I had to say, truthfully,  how many days I truly worked on the first painting during the Christmas season, it was more like 45-50 days out of the 60.  With only 5 1/2 weeks to work on this new painting the math all works out.

Here are some shots of day 1 taking down the first mural and getting ready to put up canvas #2.




No comments:

Post a Comment