Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 3

11: 20 PM

Just finished up a 13 hour day of painting.  Well, not really.  I have a double commission for a church I need to finish before the shipping company arrives next week.  I'll probably work on that until 2 AM or so.

The day went well.  I started feeling healthier as the day progressed.  After a full day I admit I'm disappointed I didn't get all the way across the canvas.  Settling for 50% of it roughed in is a little unsettling.  It's almost like the more you work on it the more you realize there is so much more to go. What is interesting, though, is the side that is roughed in looks much smaller than the left side.  Maybe psychologically that is meant to keep me hopeful I can pull this off.  Who knows.  Maybe I've been looking at it for too long.  Time to grab a bite to eat so I don't fall asleep before I can put another shift in before bed.   Enjoy the shots.

Roughing in the acrylic color.  Saving a lot of drying time so far.

Day 3 is toast.  Only 50% in 13 hours.


10:22 AM

Four to five hours of sleep last night if you count the hour I hit the snooze button on my iPhone.  Very tired this morning.  Very low energy.  Ate a good breakfast and made some fresh vegetable juice.  Trying to stay healthy while working such a long schedule.  I'm hoping the flu that ravaged my home last week spares me.  Getting back into the acrylic grisaille I started yesterday.  It's hard to believe this stage takes more than a day at this size.  Normally this is an hour of work for me on a typical painting.  There is just so much real estate on this canvas.  It feels like I'm painting 15 paintings at once.  With that said, I'm getting to work..


The view from my desk this morning of the middle of this painting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment