Monday, November 17, 2014

Day One

Welcome everyone to my journey through Heaven and Hell over the next three months.  The reason for this blog is simple - to document my painting two enormous commissions over the next three months, of, you guessed it, Heaven and Hell.  More appropriately, the two paintings will be of The Elect and The Damned.

I've done a number of sketches for my client, which will remain anonymous, due to the terms of our contract and, as of today, I am ready to start working on "The Damned."   What I am attempting to do might take some artists months, even years to complete.  I don't have that luxury.  At all costs I have to complete both of these paintings by February 15.  My goal is to complete "The Damned" by Christmas.  This would seem an impossible feat considering both paintings are 8 feet x 14 feet.   It's just the kind of job I'm good at.  Let the endless painting marathon begin.  I'm ready to dive in so with that said I'll see you tomorrow with another shot of it.  
Rolling out a very large canvas in my carriage house (the only place I have that is big enough) and cutting it down to 14 feet.  I've come to the realization that a canvas 96" x 168" is just under "ginormous."


1 comment:

  1. I have been in that quandary, to have to shift a piece down to work on the other side. It makes one yearn for an NC Wyeth sized studio with platforms and scaffolds. Perhaps some angelic person will offer you use of a space close to you, big enough to put up both of the murals opposite or along side each other, with good light, heat and plenty of room to step back. All the best, don't push too hard, you work much more efficiently when properly rested and your body resists that cold too. -K

    ReplyDelete