Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 6

11:47 AM

Here's the only work of art I'll be looking at today, the love of my life.


Happy 17th Anniversary, darling.  I love you with all my heart and soul.



3:15 AM

Finishing up another exhausting day of painting.  A little coffee, one of those Monster drinks and some Vivarin to keep things going today.  Unfortunately I didn't get to work on "The Damned" painting the entire day/night.  As I mentioned yesterday I have another commission I need to finish painting and I have to frame before Tuesday.  I did, however, get to work on it this morning and afternoon.  My intern also helped me to block in some of the background elements so I can get more depth to it before I start working on the figures and details starting next week.

I think I may have to do something I've never considered doing before - covering up my artwork.  I've painted nudes for years.  I'm not the type of artist that paints anything lewd but there are many female nudes displayed in my studio and some of the rooms here.  My children have never even given them much attention.  This morning, Alexei saw one of the demons I roughed in yesterday and he started trembling and crying.  That's not the kind of thing I want.  It's certainly good for the painting but I don't want my children upset so I'm probably going to cover parts of it day to day.  It's going to be quite a disturbing painting.

The demon hovering over a tub of boiling oil.  The deadly sin of Greed .

Building a little more depth over the entire painting.  I'll be working on the figures over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment