Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 21-23 Moving Over to the Right Side

Sometimes one needs a little change of pace when working on a large project.  This was the case for me this weekend.  I decided to finish up what I could on the left side and I moved over to the right side of the painting to make some fresh progress.  I had hoped by the 14th of October I would have at least 50% of the painting finished.  At this point I'm around 30% finished so I really need to pick up the pace.  Fortunately this weekend went well.  The right side of this composition is mostly demons torturing and throwing bodies into the fires of hell.  As per the client's request the style of the painting is overly mannerist which you can see by the rendering of the body proportions and the stylized environment and flames.

That's it for now.  Lots of work to do.  Thanks for following along.  It's going to be a really busy three weeks...
Getting started on the right side on day 19.  Just roughing in the background around a falling body.

A close up of some of the bodies I painted over the weekend.  

What the painting looks like this morning.  I'll be painting somewhere in the middle today.


No comments:

Post a Comment