Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 54

1:57 AM

Sorry it has been a few days.   I've been working nonstop the last five days on this painting and my last entry for this year's Art Renewal Center competition.  I finally finished up my painting of "The Beheading of St. John the Baptist."  It turned out incredible.  Between this schedule and adding an additional painting, I've been getting even less sleep.  The payoff is that I'm doing the best painting work of my life.

I finally kicked the sinus cold I had since Christmas.  It never fails this time of year.  With a hard painting schedule without sleep a cold likes to stay around much longer.  In addition I almost got hooked on Afrin during that time and I had a few extra days of sinus problems before everything went away.  I know Rebekah will be disappointed with me but I will not be joining her addition!  Lol.

Anyhow, I'm feeling great again and I'm going to start working out again starting tomorrow.  I don't know if it is the duration of this project but staying up is becoming much easier.  I haven't even been drinking coffee at night because I am having problems going to bed, even if my nights are ending at 4AM.  I started taking Melatonin to sleep and that seems to be helping satiate the problem.

Looking forward to a big week with the painting.  I am hoping to wrap up all the major work, work on a few adjustments requested by the client and bring this thing to the finish line so I can start the next painting "The Final Judgement."

I worked on this little area of the bottom left corner tonight.  It is for the sin of GUTTONY.  The historical depiction of this in hell is to be force-fed rats.  The bodies are contoured and elongated adding to the mannerist feel of the overall painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment