Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 68

I just wanted to make a quick post to tell everyone that I'll be posting some high quality shots of "The Damned" painting tomorrow.  I took some photos of it with photographer Darren Penrod this past Friday.  I have a pretty good overall photo, which I haven't been able to take until now due to the enormous size of the painting in the small studio I paint in.

We are still piecing together a VERY large, high quality photo of the painting.  Darren shot the painting in 21 pieces which we are assembling in Photoshop.  He put the tripod in one spot shot one at 7ft, one at 4ft and one at 1ft then we moved the camera two feet to the right and repeated the process.  It's hard to imagine, I'm sure but in the end the file will have little or no loss of resolution.

So stay tuned, tomorrow morning I'll post an overall shot and I'll have some close ups to show as well.  For now here's another shot he did of me working.

Working on one of the small figures in "The Damned" painting

No comments:

Post a Comment