Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 62

11: 58 AM

I'm back to working on the center of the painting.  I have one single figure left that I need to work on and then I'm shooting over to the right side again.  I'm feeling healthy today but getting up to get the kids to school this morning was not easy.  Alexei woke up around 5AM with a fever.  I don't even think I had fallen asleep yet after getting to bed at 4AM.  Milla burst into the room this morning to wake me up.  I don't think my eyes even focused until a half hour later.  I'm not exaggerating.  All I could see was a cloudy mess.  After a strong coffee and a shower I'm ready to attack this painting with all I have.

I have some unfinished figures there that will be the bulk of my work today.  One is for the deadly sin of Envy.  Normally this person is shown in freezing cold ice.  Since that's a little difficult to show (she's surrounded by an inferno) I am taking a more emotional approach with a little bit of visual help using the color green (green with envy etc.)

I am also painting out two figures that were skewering a woman and using one of them to operate a "Catherine Wheel," a medieval devise used to break a human body.  It will find a nice home in this painting.

Off to paint more maiming, torture and sinister things.  Wish me luck!


3:19 AM

Finished with another day.  Time to rest.  My eyes are not doing too well.  Had a great night painting. I spent the day listening to "The Fountain" soundtrack.  I really love the music.  I decided to watch the movie while I worked.  Very strange film yet really sad and depressing.  I don't know if it was that or the creepy demon I was painting this evening but my stomach has been in a knot all night.  Feeling really anxious.  I am not sure if it is a combination of the imagery or the pace of things but this is becoming a recurring feeling.  Anyhow, that marks another day.  I'm feeling pretty good that tomorrow just might be the end of the large figures.  See you then.

This is what 2 months of sleep deprivation looks like.  The canvas behind is what you get for it.







12:13 AM

Getting ready to dive back into painting again.  I had to take care of some art marketing materials I'm sending out.  I'm enjoying a nice plate of Eggs and Ful for my midnight breakfast and I should be good for another 3 hours tonight.  I needed a little boost for this evening so a cup of Starbucks Verona and a Vivarin and I'm ready to rock and roll for another late night.

At this point I am thinking I can wrap up most of the large figures by the end of tomorrow's session.  This would allow me Thursday to do just small people everywhere.  Friday I'll get some great shots with the photographer.  Well, my food is getting cold.  Time to eat and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment