Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 64

12:01 PM

I finished up painting around 3AM last night.  I finally started to paint in some of the little people in the background on the right side.  In all I probably painted in at least 100 little people.  It's funny because I used to have a body of work that centered on little people in these huge apocalyptic skies and landscapes in the mid 90s.  I started working on them in college at the encouragement of my art professors who found no merit whatsoever in the beautiful large figurative pieces I was working on at the time.  Funny how I remember one of them telling me in a critique, "You'll never make it as an artist painting traditional figurative paintings."  Yeah, right..

I digress..

The painting looks great with the little people.  I'm going to add more after today but I wanted to wrap things up to have a professional photographer shoot it this afternoon.  I've had an impossible time photographing the painting because of my lack of experience, equipment and the size of the room I'm trying to paint this in.  After today you'll FINALLY get to see what this painting looks like for me.

Anyhow, I have to go.  We need to move some things around to start photographing.  I'll be posting them next week for you.  I'll also be starting the Final Judgement!!!

You'd think I'd be rejoining after finishing up such a large project, but I'm only, barely, halfway there....

No comments:

Post a Comment